Ten Honest Things About Meme12 January, 2009
I am self-tagging myself for a meme, vice Poodles. Like her, I will not tag anyone specifically (had she tagged me, I would have felt honour-bound to tag another seven (thanks, Poodles)). Here are the rules for the meme:
A) first list 10 honest things about yourself – and make it interesting, even if you have to dig deep!
B) pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap (And this part becomes self-tagging for whomever wishes it).
1. I have over two hundred moles on my body. When I was 12, we took a ski vacation to Purgatory (now Ski Durango because it offended the nonsensibilities of the radical religious right). My parents (with the collusion of my sisters) played dot-to-dot with the moles on my back. They came up with a begging Scottie dog.
2. I once broke a major federal law (I was a child at the time). I picked up some Hohokam pot sherds within a national park. (Site and date not listed.)
3. I procrastinate horribly. Actually, I do it really, really well. I try not to procrastinate, but I never actually win.
4. I am (according to my (((wife)))) a slob. I consider myself organizationally challenged. She says I am full of it.
5. I spent a year out of college as a car salesman (I majored in history and, like most history majors, I spent time in sales). I was really good at it, but I hated it. I screwed some people big time (though it was 19 years ago so they should be out from under by now). I didn’t care what the marks thought, but I was disturbed by my actions. So I joined the army. (This was also a comment I dropped over at Poodles Place.)
6. I sucked as a soldier. I couldn’t run. I had problems with the authority structure (though I knew and understood what it was for). The only thing I did well was shoot.
7. I build dust collectors. Actually, I build styrene plastic models — tanks, warplanes and the occasional ship. (((Wife))) calls them dust collectors. Or shit.
8. I have ear hair. Not the puffy stuff in the ear canal itself, but giant radio antennae popping out of my ear lobes. My (((wife))) plays ear puppet with the hairs. To go with the ear hair, I also have a unibrow.
9. If I drop something on the floor, say a grain of rice slides off my fork on the way to my mouth, my immediate reaction is to look at (((Wife))) to see if she noticed thus forcing me to clean it up. I’d clean it up anyway, eventually (see #3 & #4).
10. I have never faked it.
11. I never leave well enough alone. I always add just a little more. Which, when I’m operating under a deadline, can be annoying (not to me, but to my boss (or (((Wife)))))..
Again, anyone wishing to partake in this particular meme, consider yourself tagged. But don’t blame meme. It ain’t my fault. And if these are not interesting enough then I guess I really am as boring as my daughter claims.