The Blogging Meme21 October, 2008
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively
2. link back to the person who tagged you
3. link back to this parent post
4. tag a few friends or five, or none at all
5. post these rules – or just have fun breaking them.
Having established the rules, I will now move on to the post:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
- My knowledge base regarding the dominant American paradigm (Christianity) has improved Learning both historical and modern arguments, as well as the deficiencies within the historical record, has been, to say the least, eye opening.
- I have become radicalized. Exposure via the blogosphere (which I only discovered a year ago) of a reality based community has converted me from a rather conservative liberal into a wild-eyed full blown progressive liberal. I still have my own ideas, but I have a better view of how my ideas fit in (or don’t).
- I have gotten back in the habit of writing. I wrote constantly in college, but slacked off in the army and even more so once I became a working father.
- I have become paranoid. I see some of the comments on my blog (and on other blogs) and, especially considering the viciousness of the right wing in the current election, am concerned about being identified and targeted. Those who know me personally can, without a whole lot of difficulty, identify who I am (well, there is a (((Brother-In-Law))) who I wonder about). I have tried to keep myself somewhat opaque, but I worry about the experience of bloggers such as PossumMama, who had to privatize her blog due to a physical stalker. There are lunatics out there, and not only during the full moon.
- I learned how to divide by zero and express “i” with actual numbers.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you. Chappie.
3. Link back to this parent post.
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all. If you read this, and it intrigues you, consider yourself tagged.
5. Post these rules – or just have fun breaking them. Umm. I think I did post the rules. Twice.